Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The Best Of 2014: Year End Review

I hope you all have been enjoying these last few days of 2014 and have been able to enjoy some quality time with family and friends!!  I always get the itch these last few days to purge and organize and get our final donation pile ready to take before the end of the year.  Our tradition is to keep the Christmas decorations up for a few more days, so while we are enjoying the twinkling lights a little longer, I thought I would take a look back at our year in home improvements and projects.



One of the highest viewed posts of this year was the Ikea Tarva dresser that we gave a makeover.  Its current resting place is in the nursery, but I am still thinking about stealing it for our master bedroom!!

IKEA TARVA DRESSER HACK

Our entryway dresser got a makeover in the organizing fashion earlier this year and it was one of the best things I did for our entry.  Creating a designated drop zone in our entry has been a big improvement for us in maintaing our paper piles!  Also, organizing the drawers has kept the sunglasses and keys all corralled in one spot...no more last minute searching.

ENTRYWAY DROP ZONE

We tackled three closets this year: coat closet, nursery closet, and the closet are older girls share.  We learned so much from each closet and can't wait to tackle our master closet.

COAT CLOSET

NURSERY CLOSET BUILT-INS

SHARED CLOSET BUILT-INS

In addition to giving the girls' closet a big over-haul, we have been in the process of changing their room into a more big girl room and bringing in their personalities.  First up, I painted a mirror the color of purple (per my sweetie pie's request) and made them a jewelry organizer.

DIY JEWELRY ORGANIZER

We also gave them a little space to have their tea parties when I painted a kid's table from Ikea.

IKEA LATT KID TABLE

Then of course, they had to have some thing to serve at their tea parties.  I made them a little dessert tray and some sweets for their parties.

DIY DESSERT TRAY

There are a few more things I have in store for the girls' room that I can't wait to share with you in the next year!  Before the arrival of our third baby girl, I shared with you all her completed nursery.

NURSERY
We were also able to get a few outdoor projects completed on our patio and we have been in love with them!

DIY DROP DOWN TABLE
DIY OUTDOOR PATIO TABLE

I am so very thankful to be able to share this journey with you all and can't wait to see what the next year has in store for each of us.  Thank you so much for each of your likes and comments, whether on the blog, Facebook, or Instagram - it truly brings a smile to my face and warms my heart!! 

Wishing you all the very best and I will be back in 2015 to share with you all our journey. 

With much love, 

Kristin 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.